Welcome to Mercy School Institute, an Islamic-based school for students in grades pre-kindergarten through grade 12 in Edmond, Oklahoma.
We are pleased that you are interested in Mercy School Institute and are eager to share information about our school with you. As our mission statement indicates, we aim to nurture confident and committed Muslim youth who will draw upon their Islamic values as they work to excel in all fields of endeavor. We also believe that the most effective learning environment includes an appreciation for diversity: racial, cultural, socio-economic, gender and geographic.
Mercy School Institute has facilities for teaching average and above average children who do not have any special learning, speech, physical, or behavioral problems.
All new students are on probation for the first 2-4 weeks. Those showing special learning, speech, behavior, or study habit problems will not be able to continue at Mercy. We understand that some children need special education for these problems.
New students are admitted during the first four weeks of school and in the first two weeks of the second semester only. This will prevent the interruption of the classroom. New students entering during the second semester must have been enrolled in another school for the first semester at the same grade level.
Below you will find age and entrance requirements along with appropriate forms and procedures for enrollment.
While this site can provide you with an introduction to Mercy, there is no substitute for visiting our brand new facility and experiencing our community firsthand. We invite parents along with students to call and schedule a tour. We would be thrilled to show you what our school has to offer!
- PreK3 – 3 years old by September 1st
- PreK4 – 4 years old by September 1st
- Kindergarten – 5 years old by September 1st
- Grade 1 – Children need to have successfully completed KG
- February 2, 2015: Pre-enrollment for currently enrolled students
- April 2, 2015: General enrollment for new students
- Evidence of date of birth (official copy)
- Health Certificate
- Certificate of Immunizations
- Completed Enrollment Packet (see below)
- Advance Pre-Enrollment Fee (New Students Only) (Check or Money order at time of enrollment)
- All new KG - High School students must submit most recent report card from the previous institution when enrolling. New students will be admitted after Administrative review of student records and satisfactory performance on placement exams.
- Advance Pre-Enrollment Fee for all New Students:
- All new students are required to deposit a non-refundable registration fee of $335.00 for Pre-K 3 and $380.00 for Pre-K 4 – High School at time of enrollment. Parents with more than two children shall deposit maximum of two times registration fee.
- Students who are admitted and attend the Mercy School Institute may use this amount towards the payment of school dues. NO REFUND shall be made if the student is admitted and has failed to attend the Mercy School Institute.
The enrollment packet consists of the following six documents to be downloaded and completed in the following order:
- Enrollment Form 2015-2016 - Click Here
- Parent Acknowledgment Form 2015-2016 – [Download Here]
- Student Acknowledgment Form 2015-2016 – Click Here
- Mandatory Parent Involvement & Transportation Pick-UP Form 2015-2016 – Click Here
- Universal Permission Slip 2015-2016 – Click Here
Once all documents have been completed, please return them to the front office for review.